Sunday 13 January 2013

Tree Treasure

'Alphabetical Disorder' Imaginary Press. Copyright Lo Cole, 2012

Whilst putting away the Christmas Tree and decorations I found some 'tree treasure' in the form of an unopened present addressed to ME! I excitedly opened it (I'm still very much a child in that way) and to my delight discovered it was a wonderful little signed book by Lo Cole 'Alphabetical Disorder'. It was given to me by my good friend Bill, whom I worked with as a fellow designer for many years. We have always been strong advocates of the use of good illustration within design projects and have both always loved Lo Cole's work.

This witty and charming little book of nonsense alphabet was conceived as a result of Lo Cole snapping his Achilles tendon....ouch! So I guess being a bit 'fixed' and not being able to get out and about as one is normally used to (although both painful and frustrating) can have a positive flip side...in the form of a wonderful creation like this! I hope this will give my friend Kim who has also snapped her Achilles tendon (double ouch), comfort, creative inspiration and a chuckle!

Here are my favourite spreads...

Copyright Lo Cole, 2012





Copyright Lo Cole, 2012








'Alphabetical Disorder' Imaginary Press. Copyright Lo Cole, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment